International students are most welcome at Rosebud School of the Arts in our Open Studies Programme for six months. We offer a breadth of training in a vibrant community of Christian artists, preparing you for artistic leadership in the place where God calls you. Rosebud School of the Arts has welcomed students from Malaysia, Slovakia, Uganda, Thailand, Sweden, United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, and U.S.A. Although the application process may take a little longer, we will offer support along the way.
English language proficiency
RSA requires that students demonstrate an adequate level of speaking and writing in English. Students need to understand English sufficiently to participate in all aspects of classes, including lectures, reading, writing, and discussion. English competency is assessed through the interview and written component of the application process.
Students are not able to study with Rosebud School of the Arts for any period longer than six months, so a study permit is not required. The process of entering Canada and obtaining a study permit is described in detail on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website at www.cic.gc.ca. The work of obtaining a study permit rests with the student, but we will help you when you get stuck. Please read through all the instructions on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website and contact us with questions.
Students from countries other than Canada are required to obtain health care insurance. Students who intend to stay in Alberta for 12 month of longer are eligible for the Alberta Health Care Insurance Program (AHCIP). See http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/temporary-residents.html. Students who intend to stay in Alberta for less than 12 months are strongly encouraged to purchase adequate medical coverage before arrival.
Reception Desk: cash, cheque, MasterCard, Visa. Cheques made out to Rosebud School of the Arts.
Box Office: debit, MasterCard, Visa.
Receipts Receipts are issued upon request for payment made. Tax receipts (T2202, T2202A) are issued in the student’s name before the end of February for authorized tuition and fees assessed and paid during the previous tax year. No receipts are given for any funds which are still outstanding until these are paid in full
TUITION PAYMENT FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
International students pay tuition through an installment plan:
10% Tuition Deposit. Due date June 30, 2018
$780 – Open Studies
25% First Installment. Due date September 4, 2018
$1,950 – Open Studies
25% Second Installment. Due date December 22, 2018
$1,950 – Open Studies
40% Final Installment. Due date April 26, 2019
$3,120 – Open Studies
FEES PAYMENT FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
International student pay in full non-tuition fees and pre-paid shows and textbooks on the first day of term:
Fall term due date September 4, 2018
$1,200 – Open Studies
Winter term due date January 8, 2019
$1,175 – Open Studies
The policy for late payment applies to tuition, fees, and any other cost owed to RSA.
- Students will be dismissed from the programme if tuition and fees are not paid by the deadline.
- Official acknowledgement of programme completion is withheld until outstanding accounts with Rosebud School of the Arts are paid in full.
- Transcripts and evaluations will not be released until outstanding accounts have been paid in full.
- Should Rosebud School of the Arts cease to exist, any tuition fees for the non-delivered portion of the course will be reimbursed in full.
- Should a designated RSA programme (Theatre Foundations, Mentorship 1, 2, 3, Music Internship, Open Studies) cease to run, any tuition fees for the non-delivered portion of the course will be reimbursed in full.
- In the event that a student is expelled or withdraws from the programme, there is no refund of tuition paid through the installment plan.
- Tuition refund for an international student will be paid to the student, individual or organization that originally paid the tuition.
Mandatory fees and study trip fees will not be refunded.
Credit on the Show and Textbook Account will be refunded.
ESTIMATED PERSONAL EXPENSES
|Accommodation||$450 x 8 months = $3,600|
|Clothing and Supplies||$250 x 8 months = $2,000|
|Recreation||$35 x 8 months = $280|
|Food||$250 x 8 months = $2,000|
|TOTAL Personal Expenses||$7,880|