Special Applications

Do not hesitate to ask for assistance when applying to Rosebud School of the Arts. Contact the Recruitment Officer at recruitment@rosebudschoolofthearts or phone 403-677-3000 ext. 232.
Transfer Students
RSA welcomes applications for Mentorship Level 1 from students who have taken training elsewhere equivalent to RSA’s Certificate in Theatre Foundations. Applicants with prior training equivalent to Mentorship programme Level 1 may apply for Mentorship Level 2. As a conservatory-based training programme, RSA accepts transfer credit on a block basis only. Please note that application requirements for the Mentorship programme are different than for Certificate or Open Studies.For more information about Transfer Programs, please see rosebudschoolofthearts.com/transfer
Mature Students
Special admission may be granted to adult students without a high school diploma, if the student is at least 21 years of age, has appropriate work or volunteer experience and has been out of school for a minimum of two years. A General Equivalency Diploma (GED) is recommended.
Home-Schooled Students
  • Rosebud School of the Arts welcomes students with a home-schooling background. The applicant’s readiness for RSA programmes can be demonstrated in one of two ways:
  • General Equivalency Diploma (GED) with a score of 450 or higher in Language Arts, Reading, and Social Studies, or
  • A portfolio that meets RSA requirements Portfolio Requirements
Part-time Students
Training at Rosebud requires a full-time commitment. Part-time study is not possible towards the completion of a particular programme. Open Studies may be considered if part-time study is better suited to the applicant’s abilities or goals.
Students with Disabilities
Rosebud School of the Arts welcomes students with disabilities who meet programme admission standards. RSA makes its best effort to accommodate the needs of qualified students with disabilities. Students must note on their application any special needs or limitations and give an accurate account of their medical and/or psychological history, so that the Rosebud staff can make appropriate accommodation.

Experience has demonstrated that applicants who inform of RSA of their needs up-front generally experience little trouble during the school year and are successful in their studies, whereas applicants who try to “down-play” their condition do not fare as well. RSA expects truthful communication from parents as well as students. You are assured that your needs will be treated with respect and confidentiality.

For more information about Disability access, please see rosebudschoolofthearts.com
International Students
International students are most welcome at Rosebud School of the Arts. We offer a breadth of training in a vibrant community of Christian artists, preparing you for artistic leadership in the place where God calls you. RSA has welcomed students from Malaysia, Slovakia, Uganda, Thailand, Sweden, United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, and U.S.A. Although the application process may take a little longer, we will offer support along the way.

RSA requires that students demonstrate an adequate level of speaking and writing in English. Students need to understand English sufficiently to participate in all aspects of classes, including lectures, reading, writing, and discussion.

English competency in comprehension and articulation are evaluated in two ways:
  • Submission of a written Statement of Purpose, assessed by the Education Team comprised of the Education Director, Registrar, Student Life, Head of the Acting Programme, and Head of Theatre Foundations
  • Personal interview with two members of the Education Team
Students visiting Canada for less than 6 months can apply for a Visitor Visa. However, students studying in Canada for 6 months or longer must apply for a Student Visa. The process of entering Canada and obtaining a Visitor or Student Visa is described in detail on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website at www.cic.gc.ca. The work of obtaining the required Visa rests with the student, but we will help you when you get stuck. Please read through all the instructions on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website and contact us with questions.

Assessment of previous credentials. In case RSA has questions about your credentials, such as a high school diploma, attained outside of Canada, we may direct you to Alberta's IAQS Services to assist you in getting your educational credentials assessed. See: International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) | Alberta.ca.

Students from countries other than Canada are required to obtain health care insurance. Students who intend to stay in Alberta for 12 month of longer are eligible for the Alberta Health Care Insurance Program (AHCIP). See http://www.health.alberta.ca. Students who intend to stay in Alberta for less than 12 months are strongly encouraged to purchase adequate medical coverage before arrival.
For more information or assistance applying to Rosebud School of the Arts, please email our Recruitment Officer or phone 403-677-3000 ext. 232.