We are accepting applications for entrance into September 2023
Upcoming RSA Weekends: February 15-18, April 18-21
Download: Application Form
Download: Reference Form
Download: RSA Introduction Letter
Download: Home-School Portfolio Requirements
Visit us for a weekend to participate in classes and get to know students, instructors, and the artistic community.
Contact our Recruitment Officer to book your RSA Weekend!
Get a taste of what it's like to live in Rosebud and train in theatre at Rosebud School of Arts by taking in an RSA Weekend. You are invited to come to Rosebud for a few days and discover this rural arts community for yourself - participate in classes, hang out with students, see a show at Rosebud Theatre, work in hospitality, experience small-town life, ask all your questions, talk with instructors, and reflect on the direction your life is meant to take. By the end of the weekend, you will have a good sense of whether or not Rosebud is the right place for your growth as a Christian artist.
"The RSA Weekend was an opportunity to get immersed in the school and discover if I was ready for this stage in my life. I found it to be an exciting opportunity to meet instructors and students. It made me comfortable for classes in the fall and it helped shape my decision to attend Rosebud School of the Arts."
(Bethany - RSA graduate)
(Bethany - RSA graduate)
Applicants usually settle into accommodation on Thursday afternoon and leave Sunday afternoon. The weekend is filled with various activities designed to give ample opportunity to discover Rosebud and to meet the staff and students. Applicants are scheduled to observe classes - for example, choir and acting - as they are offered, and they will attend a dinner and theatre performance. Applicants may be asked to assist with some of the daily tasks of a working dinner and theatre. An interview and talent assessment rounds out the weekend.
For the talent assessment, please prepare a one-to-two-minute monologue and a song. Please do not perform a piece that you have written yourself. The song will be sung a cappella; no musical accompaniment is provided.
Covers everything you need on your RSA weekend, including accommodation, meals, workshops, classes, and shows
- Download the application form
- Fill out the forms
- Download the reference form. Send out the forms to your three references
- Contact previous schools and request your transcript be sent to RSA
- Prepare your memorized monologue and song for your talent assessment (1-2 minutes each)
- Write your artist statement
- Send in a recent headshot (photo)
- Contact the recruitment officer to schedule your RSA weekend
- Pay the application fee: $75.00
- Participate in an interview with RSA staff
- Sign your application and send it in
- Complete all steps before May 15 and receive a $150 tuition discount, applied in September pending acceptanceFor more details contact Rosebud School of the Arts application process, please email email@example.com