To enrich lives by expressing God’s gifts of creativity, hope, joy, forgiveness and love through the arts.
Rosebud Centre of the Arts serves as an anchor institution in support of Rosebud, Alberta, and Canada, providing facilities and leadership through Rosebud School of the Arts, Rosebud Theatre, and Rosebud Mercantile.
Rosebud School of the Arts
To provide arts training within a community of faith-based artists where students are inspired to become catalysts for transformation in our world.
To present live programming that illustrates the beauty and complexity of life through an inclusive and grace-filled perspective.
To provide generous hospitality to our patrons, employment for our students and community, and support for the endeavours of Rosebud Centre of the Arts.
· Every year students travel to New York City, London, England, or Canada’s West Coast to immerse themselves in theatre, workshops, and tours.
· Students apprentice in a resident theatre company.
· RSA is the only theatre school that offers one-on-one coaching for advanced students.
· Students train in a community of believing artists, each receiving personalized guidance, mentoring, and practical training to prepare them for a career in the performing arts.
· RSA is nestled in a tranquil river valley where inspiration abounds and students are challenged in their life-long journey of integrating faith and art.
WHAT WE VALUE:
· We value the qualities of character expressed in the lives of people who show patience, self-control, determination, love and caring, joy, peace, and honesty in facing life’s challenges
· We value the creative human spirit that sees life unfettered and is set free to explore its potential.
· We value quality and the pursuit of excellence.
· We value the qualities of life and community afforded us by a quiet rural setting.
· We value our spiritual roots and draw our inspiration from God whose presence fills the universe. We value our relationship with Jesus Christ who redeems our lives and is the Source of our being.
· We value the responsibility of being public communicators, whose influence far exceeds our meagre resources.
· We acknowledge our role as artists in Canadian society and our responsibility to influence it for the better.
· We value being Canadians whose rich heritage affords us our unique place in the world and whose founding principles recognize the supremacy of God.
· We value the diversity of Canadian culture which makes us sensitive to the broader context of international cultures.
Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God.
You’ll be changed from the inside out.
Romans 12:2a (The Message)